Take into account the following recommendations on biosecurity
What is Biosecurity?
Biosafety are rules, measures, and protocols that are written for a lifetime. They are applicable in multiple procedures, for example, in a laboratory we have many protocols for scientific research.
All these rules and protocols are for us to avoid biological risks, or infections that can cause a virus or bacteria by contact with infected people and can cause an infection.
What are the inputs that we should use for good biosafety practices?
We have heard a lot about the inputs in the practice of biosecurity in our home, and they should not be missing, such as:
- Chlorine (in different dilutions)
- Gel alcohol
- Pad at home entrance
- Wash the vegetables
- Sanitize food products
Why is the use of the mask important, and what is recommended for its proper use?
Although we have been using it for a long time, we see many people on the streets who do not use it well.
One of the first things we must do before putting on the mask is:
- Hand washing: before putting on the mask, disinfect your hands, it can be with an alcohol-based disinfectant or with soap and water.
- Place the mask correctly: place it seeing that there are no spaces left, and that the mask sticks very well with our skin. See that the part of the metal mask is glued to the nose, where it is recommended to press to adjust it to the contour.
- Completely cover the nose and mouth.
- Do not touch the front surface of the mask with your hands, as they may become contaminated.
- When removing the mask, it must be grabbed by the elastics with your hands.
What should be known about the use of antibacterial gel?
When buying antibacterial gel, it is important to see that the label indicates that it has an alcohol base of 60% to 90%. This guarantees the effectiveness that is needed when disinfecting hands.
Regarding the use of the gel, it should be applied in the palm of the hand, and distribute it by rubbing both hands with circular movements; It is important to let it dry very well.
When you eat something greasy, the gel does not have the same effectiveness, so you should wash your hands.
Handwashing with soap and water is the main way of hygiene and disinfection, however, the use of gel can be used for occasions where there is no access to handwashing.